About the book
In The Outstanding Developer, the author explores some of the ways for a developer to become not only better but one of the best. And coding is not enough, neither is improving as coding.
Inspired by renowned books, research articles, and the author’s personal experiences, this book will show you how to:
- boost your productivity in your professional or personal programmer life,
- learn new skills and master the ones you already have,
- improve your creativity to help you solve problems,
- enhance your communication with your coworkers, clients, or users.
You’ll discover how to use tools such as Deep Work or Nonviolent Communication, become better at code reviews, or how writing technical articles could help you to learn new skills.
By becoming an outstanding developer you’ll love programming more and more for the rest of your life.
About the author
Table of contents
Chapter 1 — Productivity
Productivity is not so easy to define for a developer. And it is not enough to want to be productive. How can scientific research help us to become more productive?
- Defining and measuring productivity
- Obstacles to productivity
- The open-plan office hell
- Setting goals to improve productivity
Chapter 2 — Deep Work
The definitive boost for your productivity. Made popular by Cal Newport, Deep Work will make you able to focus at 100% on what you want to do with a distraction-free mindset.
- Deep work vs. shallow work
- A daily routine for deep work
- The best boost for your productivity
- When you’re not at work
Chapter 3 — Learning
Learning new skills continuously is not only recommended but also necessary to keep up to date with development world. Organize your learning process to achieve it efficiently.
- Stay up to date with the ecosystem
- Experiment with side projects
- Share about what you learn
- Contribute to open-source projects
Chapter 4 — Mastery
Chapter 5 — Creativity
Chapter 6 — Communication
Frequently asked questions
Where can I purchase the book?
While it is not finished, I am using LeanPub to sell my book. After, I’ll publish it on Amazon and maybe other websites as well.
What formats are offered?
The book is available as a PDF that you can read on most devices, in ePub for most readers, and in mobi for Amazon Kindle. Purchasing the book will give you the three files.
Is the book completed?
Not it isn’t yet, but chapters are released as soon as finished, you can check in the table of contents above which ones are ready. Purchasing the book now for a lower amount than the final one will give you access to all future updates.
Is there a refund policy?
Yes, LeanPub offers a 45-days refund policy, no question asked!